About Berkshire Law Group
Estate Planning, Elder Law & Life Care
If this is your first experience with us, you might be pleasantly surprised especially for a law firm.
We’re Glad You’re Here
We’re known for a welcoming compassionate spirit, straight talk and bringing clarity and smarts to estate, long-term care and life care planning.
Berkshire Law Group (formerly Almgren Law Group) was founded by Paula Almgren who has been in practice for 20+ years. The firm is focused on estate, trust and tax planning as well as elder law, long-term care including Medicaid and life care planning. Over time as the needs of its clients evolved―and inspired by Paula’s own journey caring for her mom―its scope and size has expanded to encompass innovations like the Life Care Program supporting seniors needing care and their families. The firm is licensed to practice in Massachusetts and New York. It’s located in the Berkshires around the corner from Tanglewood in Lenox, Massachusetts.
Paula K. Almgren, Esq.
- 20+ years in practice
- Admitted to the bar in Massachusetts
- Designated Super Lawyer, three years running
- Former President of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Massachusetts Chapter, and board member since 2002
- Accredited attorney with Veterans Administration
- Graduate of Williams College and Albany Law School of Union University
- Recognized state expert in Community Medicaid helping seniors stay in their homes
- Published author on topics such as Community Medicaid, VA Benefits and Assisted Living for the Massachusetts Bar Association and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE)
- Section Editor for Aging in Place chapters for MCLE’s publication “Estate Planning for the Aging and Incapacitated Client in Massachusetts” (2023)
- Member of MassNAELA’s Public Policy Committee, the Fairview Hospital Ethics Committee, the Pittsfield Council on Aging, the Alzheimer’s Association and the Massachusetts and Berkshire Bar Associations
Kristina Z. Kisiel, Esq.
- 20+ years of experience in law and healthcare
- Admitted to the bar in Massachusetts, New York and Maine
- Specialist in trust and estate planning and administration
- Authority in preparation of estate tax returns
- Represents many New York second home owners and seasonal residents in the Berkshires
- Author on Assisted Living published by the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE)
- Graduate of the SUNY-Albany and St. John’s School of Law
- Involved in humanitarian aid in the Dominican Republic